Once you’ve made a search, generated a list of results, and filtered them accordingly, you can save the list for further use. Avention lets you create two kinds of list: regular Lists and SmartLists.
A regular list is what you would expect – you make a search, filter it, and save the results. A list is static, the same each time you view it.
You can also select results manually from a list and save just these. To manually select results:
- Hover over the result so that the gray checkmark appears in the row’s upper left corner. (1)
- Click on this – the checkmark will become black (2) and the number of selected results shown. (3)
- When you go to save a list, as described below, the option will read Save Selected as List
A SmartList is something special. You still make a list and filter it, but instead of saving the results, you save the criteria used to create this list. (Individual results cannot be selected.) This means the list is dynamic - freshly generated, and always up-to-date each time you view it. And not only this, it remains active and selfmaintaining when you’re not viewing it – you can set up notifications to let you know when changes occur and new companies or contacts are now in your list!
Saving Lists and SmartLists
To save results:
- Click on Actions to display the Action menu. (4)
- Click either Save a SmartListSave a List. (If you have selected individual results, the choice will be Save a SmartListSave selected to a List.) (5)
- Enter a name for the list, and check the Pin box if you want it displayed on the My Desktop page. (6)
Once you have saved a list, it will be available on the Lists > My Lists page. (7)
- Add the current results or a selection of results to an existing list. (8)
- Download the current results to a CSV file for use in Excel or similar spreadsheet application. (9)