Creating a Suppression List in Avention………………
Occasionally you may have the need to suppress certain companies from lists due to certain business assignment rules or you may simply want to remove unqualified or existing accounts. Avention provides the ability to exclude specific companies from future lists.
Creating and Using a Suppression List is Easy. Follow these 2 steps…………
The first step is to create a saved list which will contain the companies that you wish to suppress. There are several ways to build and save a list in Avention which we will review in steps A, B, C. Once a list is saved, it can be used as a filtering variable when building future lists. We will cover this in part 2 starting on page 5. First, let’s look at the 3 ways you can create a saved list.
A. Saving a List From the Search Results
1. Click the Actions dropdown at the top of the search results pane.
2. If you wish to select specific companies in the list, click the check box in the upper left corner within the company card. You also have the option to include all companies in the list by not checking the corner and jump directly to step 3 below.
3. If this is the first time you are creating a suppression list, click Save selected as a List.
Tip: We recommend that you name your suppression list as something you will readily recognize i.e. “Restricted Companies”. If you already have an existing suppression list that you would like to add the selected records to, use the Add Selected to Existing List.
B. Saving or Adding to a List from a Company Profile
1. From within a specific company profile, click the Actions
2. Click Add Company to List.
3. Add the company to a previously saved exclusion list by checking the boxnext to the list name.
4. If you are beginning a new exclusion list enter a unique name for the new list i.e. Excluded Companies 2.
5. Click Add.
C. Saving a List from an Uploaded Imported CSV file
1. Click the My Lists
2. Click View All at the bottom of the pane.
3. Click Upload a New List.
4. Click the Upload a New List icon
5. Locate and select the .CSV file you wish to upload. It MUST be a .CSV fileand contain the required columns as described on the instructions screen. Note that not all companies will be able to be matched. The match rate will depend on the quality of your data in addition to whether Avention has the specific company location in the coverage universe you subscribe to. Having the Avention AVID # as a matching column produces the highest match rate.
6. Click Open.
7. Click Begin Import.
8. Your results showing matched and unmatched records will appear
9. Click Close.
10. Click the Sort By.
11. Click Last Updated.
12. Your newly uploaded list which can be used as an Exclude Companies in List search filter.
Using Your Saved Exclusion List(s) when Building Lists
1. From the main desktop, click the Companies selection from the Advanced Search dropdown or if you are using the Avention Quick Start version of the desktop, click on the Build A List box.
2. Under the Company Type filter category, click the Exclude Companies in List
3. Select the name of the list(s) that contain the companies that you wish to exclude.
4. If you do not see the Exclude Companies in List filter, click the Configure Filters link at the top of the menu. Go to the Company Attributes section, click the Company Type sub category and click the box on the right next to theExclude Companies in List Click Done.
Now continue to build your list using the other variables that you wish to define your prospect list. The companies in your exclusion list will be suppressed from the results.